Ahh, the reason for this article. As with any supplement, it’s important to know what you’re getting into in terms of side effects. Fortunately with testosterone boosters, the side effects are minimal and manageable. This is largely due to the fact that most of the ingredients that trigger the production of testosterone in the body are all-natural ingredients that are healthy and beneficial even beyond their hormone boosting capabilities.
Testosterone booster side effects include:
- Skin reactions like oily and acne-prone skin, especially on the back. Think about when you were in your teens, when testosterone was coursing through your veins, that’s when acne happened.
- Difficulty sleeping and sleep apnea has been reported.
- Though testosterone is highly effective in building muscle, it does not necessarily help grow the supporting ligaments and tendons. Too rapid of muscle gain can cause some problems. Engage in a balanced muscle gain program.
- A possible testosterone booster side effect is damage to the kidneys if the supplement is used over a long period of time.
- Infrequent urination and thinner streams.
- Too much testosterone can lead to aggressive behavior. If you sense an elevation of quick-temper and flashes of anger that is uncharacteristic, lower or stop your intake of boosters.
- If boosters are taken for long periods of time, elevated red blood cell levels that could result in heart disease could result. It may be a good idea to intermittently stop taking boosters for awhile to let your body have a break.
- Elevated PSA levels, which are indicative of an enlargement or inflammation of the prostate gland or prostate cancer. Other Emotional Testosterone Booster Side Effects
- Mood swings have been attributed as a side of effect of taking testo boosters. This may seem like a contradiction because healthy levels of the hormone are supposed to improve the mood. The key is maintaining healthy levels of testosterone. Again, if uncharacteristic mood swings, depression are aggressive behavior are noticed, it may be a signal to stop taking your testo boosters.
- In some cases, people taking testo boosters have reported feeling anxiety.
Ways to Take Testosterone Boosters and Avoid These Side Effects Whether or not these are serious concerns, you need to be your own policeman when taking testosterone boosters. If you begin to notice serious side effects that can be attributed to the boosters, then by all means, stop taking them.
There are several potential side effects; however, enough research is not available to deny or support these effects being linked directly to the boosters. There are a number of individuals who have taken boosters and have experienced very little effects or none at all, and, in turn have experienced tremendous benefits.
However, if you experience side effects of testosterone boosters, it is extremely important to consult with your doctor to find out if the effects may be linked to the boosters. It is essential to be vigilant where your health is concerned.